You’ll be glad to hear that the Mariposa Grove of Sequoias in Yosemite opened today, Wednesday, May 5th, at 8am to the public. Here are the details:
- There will be no Shuttle Bus operation this season.
- Visitors may park their cars at the Mariposa Grove Welcome Plaza and then hike/walk up either the Washburn Trail or the Grove Road, 2 miles one way with a 500 ‘ elevation gain to the Lower Grove Arrival area. Yosemite conservancy will be operating the Depot beginning May 14th with COVID modifications in place at the Welcome Plaza.
- At the Lower Grove Arrival Area, visitors may then walk up the Service Road (now the main trail) about .7 miles to the Grizzly Giant. The main boardwalk at the Arrival Area and the boardwalk loop is fenced off and closed for visitor safety until repairs can be made.
- The bathroom at the Lower Grove Arrival Area was damaged in the January wind event and is fenced off. There will be portable toilets and hand wash stations available there.
- Drinking water will not be available at the Lower Grove Arrival area, only at the Welcome Plaza. Plan accordingly.
- The Grizzly Giant is accessible to visitors, however, most of the trails inside the Lower and Upper Grove including the Perimeter Trail have not been cleared of downed trees yet. Clearing these trees will be on-going.
- ADA Vehicles may drive to Lower Grove Arrival Area (10 mph max speed). ADA Vehicles will not be permitted to drive up to the Grizzly Giant ADA Lot, as this is the main trail to the Grizzly Giant.
- Bicycles are permitted on the Grove Road between the Welcome Plaza and the Lower Grove Arrival area, but not beyond the Grove Arrival area or any trails.
Your Bass Lake Realty Team
+1-559-642-2610 Click to email