- HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
- DOGWOOD CREEK DRIVE REOPENS
- BASS LAKE WATER LEVEL UPDATE
- NUGGETS FROM THE ALL-MEMBER MEETING
- NEW PINES VILLAGE BUSINESS
- UPCOMING BASS LAKE EVENTS
HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM BASS LAKE REALTY
DOGWOOD CREEK DRIVE REOPENS
Dogwood Creek Drive opened for traffic recently after major repairs were completed.
BASS LAKE WATER LEVEL UPDATE
As of November 30, 2023 Approximately -23’ @50%
NUGGETS FROM THE ALL-MEMBER MEETING
Below are a few nuggets of information from the November 12th All-Member Bass Lake Homeowner Association meeting.
FROM BOBBY MACAULEY, District 5 Supervisor, Madera County
· The county has hired an outside agency (general county funds) to review current short term vacation rentals. The goal of this outside review is to evaluate when, where &/or if regulation is needed to help rentals be good neighbors. The outside contractor will want to talk to you and get your opinion. This review is a 6 month process and will begin December/January.
· Bobby has had a conversations with county staff and USPS about a parcel of USPS owned land on the south shore of the lake that could be a viable location for the Boat Patrol unit. This is VERY preliminary and the county will keep the BLHA informed along the way.
· December 7 from 6p-8p there is a Town Hall zoom meeting with Richie Sayavong with the CA Department of Insurance to discuss Sustainable Insurance Strategies. There is some relief in sight.
· Madera County has an app “MadCoServices” where homeowners can ask questions, file a complaint or connect with county resources. This app is an extension of dialing 311 for county services.
· Road 274 (where it is one lane from storm damage) will be repaired soon. County has a contractor awaiting environmental review.
· Fire Wise is a beneficial community program to not only harden your home but could result in a 10% discount on your home insurance if you become a Fire Wise community.
FROM GEORGE HARSE, CA Fish & Wildlife
· It is illegal to feed wildlife and George suggests removing outside pet food, garbage and bird feeders. If you must keep your bird feeder, bring it inside at dusk/night time.
· Make noise if you encounter a bear; airhorn, bang pots and pans etc. Make it uncomfortable to the bear. They will eventually leave.
· Mama bear will have fewer children (or abort) if she does not have enough food. The Bass Lake community needs to remove their trash from the bears food source to help manage the bear population.
· Bass Lake bears are “your bears”. CA Fish & Wildlife has tried relocating bears. They always come back. One bear was relocated 44 miles from the lake and it took him only 9 days to return.
· Electrical deterrents are gaining popularity (door mats, perimeter etc.).
· An unconventional deterrent is to shoot the bear in the rear with a paint ball gun and then pick up the casings. The paint is water soluble.
· Don’t use bear spray unless you are in imminent danger of being attacked. When the spray dries, it becomes an attractant to bears.
FROM GEORGE HARSE, CA Fish & Wildlife
· Sale of the lake infrastructure is still on pause. No change in the foreseeable future.
· PG&E is continuing to wrap power lines to prevent sparks from falling trees, limbs or anything touching the line. Wrapping the lines will also hopefully reduce unplanned power outages.
· PG&E is mobilizing equipment to Oakhurst for quicker response during the winter months.
· PG&E will be more active in enforcing dock construction to ensure PG&E guidelines are followed. They will be looking closely at new construction, rebuilds and the current condition of all docks.
FROM SERGEANT AMY ROUSSELL, MCSO Boat Patrol Unit
· Lake use numbers in 2023 were similar to pre-COVID numbers.
· Nearly all calls for rescue involved a water goer not wearing a life vest, including children.
· One fatality on the lake in 2023.
· The county received a forever grant of $300k per year dedicated to the Boat Patrol Unit. This will help budget burdens and ensure ongoing patrol.
· The county has also received a grant to buy a new, lighter boat that can travel well and be dedicated to the other lakes in Madera County.
· 2024 is the year for those 60 and younger to get a boater’s card. 2025 is the year for ALL drivers to carry a boater’s card while on the lake.
· Outside boat rentals (not rented from the three marinas on the lake) are launching at the Wishon boat ramp and drivers are receiving zero safety or lake instructions. The Sheriff is aware and so is the State of CA. More to come.
FROM STEVE WELCH , Bass Lake Water Co.
· The new water treatment plant near the Falls Beach will be operational by the middle of next summer. This project has been in the works since 2006 and will be a great accomplishment once finished.
· Cal American Water a publicly traded company is in escrow to purchase Bass Lake Water Company and will take the reigns in 2024 upon completion of the new treatment plant.
· The new owner’s first order of business is to install water meters for their 1,000+ customers by 2025, and at no additional cost to the customers.
· Water meters have been installed in new construction over the past 10 years (Bass Lake Estates for example). The meters are operational just not read or billed. They will be once all customers are on meters.
FROM MARIO TRAVINO and JANICE & KURT WHITLOW, Owners of the new business in the pines village, Nurture.
· Nurture will be open year round offering morning/early afternoon coffee and light breakfast food.
· Soft opening of over Thanksgiving weekend where they will offer coffee and hot cocoa the night of the parade.
· Official opening is mid-December.
· As they went through the process of obtaining insurance for the building they found a great underwriter named Matt Bartell of Sierra Specialty in Clovis. Kurt suggested to ask your agent to call Matt because he looked not just at the ‘zone’ they are in but the details of the building. He is an underwriter so your agent would need to call.
· The Whitlow family has owned a home at Bass Lake since 1966.
UPCOMING BASS LAKE EVENTS
- December 3 – Cupcakes & Pictures with Grinch Pines Resort, Cedar Conference Room, 3-5:00pm.
- December 3-17 – Photos with Santa Pines Resort, Cedar Conference Room, 11-1pm.
- December 9 – Breakfast with Santa Pines Resort, Lakeview Room, 9-12pm.
- December 10 – Pet Pictures with Santa Pines Resort, Cedar Conference Room, 1-2pm.
- December 31 – New Year’s Eve w/fireworks Pines Resort, 11-1pm.
- For more information about these events, visit : Basslake.com/events; BassLakeChamber.com/calendar
Experience Your Smoothest Real Estate Transaction Ever . . .
. . . and Get
Peace of Mind
Honesty and Integrity
Your Own Dedicated Agent
YOUR NEW DREAM HOME
YOUR DREAM SALE AT THE MAXIMUM PRICE
And! New Lifelong Friends!
Why not call us now?
Pick up the phone right now!
And then come and see us!
Get your Visitors’ Guide and area maps. Yep! You can get an actual, physical copy you can hold in your hands!
Get all the hot tips on what to see and do in Bass Lake and the Yosemite area! Come feel the lake breeze in your hair!
See you here!
Your Bass Lake Realty Team