- HAPPY AUTUMN!
- BASS LAKE WATER LEVEL UPDATE
- UPCOMING BASS LAKE EVENTS
- BE ALERT FOR GROWING VACANT LAND PROPERTY SCAMS
- NEW VERIZON CELL TOWER
- CLOGGED FURNACE FILTER SYMPTOMS
- CALIFORNIA HOUSING MARKET FORECAST
Fall is definitely in the air!
Enjoy the cooler days and check out all of the fun events at the lake this month.
BASS LAKE WATER LEVEL UPDATE
As of October 18, 2023, the lake level is -12’ 8” (from full) at an
elevation of 3364’.
UPCOMING BASS LAKE EVENTS
RE-OPENING GLICE ICE RINK
The Pines Resort, Saturdays and Sundays through 4/28/24, 10:00 am – 9:00 pm.
4TH ANNUAL BASS LAKE COMMUNITY GOLF CARTS N’ TREATS
Join us at the 4TH Annual Bass Lake Community Golf Carts n’ Treats at the Pines Village!
October 28th at The Pines Village. Begins at 6:00 PM. Golf Cart Parade at 6:30 PM.
7TH ANNUAL BASS LAKE HALLOWEEN CARNIVAL AND FALL FESTIVAL
Join us at the 7th Annual Bass Lake Halloween Carnival and Fall Festival, October 28th, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm, at the Pines Village.
4TH ANNUAL WITCHES AND WARLOCKS ANNUAL BASS LAKE HALLOWEEN PADDLE
Join us at the 4th Annual Witches and Warlocks Annual Bass Lake Halloween Paddle, October 28th at 5:00 pm at the Pines Village.
BE ALERT FOR GROWING VACANT LAND PROPERTY SCAMS
In the scheme, the criminal:
- Searches public records to identify properties that are free of mortgage or other liens and to identify the property owner – This often includes vacant lots, long-term rentals, or vacation rentals, with targeted properties often owned by the elderly and/or foreigners.
- Poses as the property owner and contacts a real estate agent to list the property for sale.
- Requests that the property be listed below market value to generate immediate interest.
- Requests that no “For Sale” sign be posted on the property.
- Requests preference for a cash buyer, quickly accepts an offer, and demands a quick closing.
- Refuses to meet in person, preferring to be contacted through email, text, or over phone, and typically refusing video calls.
- Refuses to attend the signing and claims to be out of state or country.
- Demands to use their own notary, who then provides falsified documents to the title company or closing attorney.
- Insists that proceeds are wired to them.
Our agents are being vigilant to the possibility of these types of
scams. We are taking extra precautions to prevent fraud.
Feel free to contact us with any questions.
We are here to help.
NEW VERIZON CELL TOWER
Above is a picture of the new Verizon cell tower recently constructed, and operational soon, at the corner of Road 274 and Road 434.
CLOGGED FURNACE FILTER SYMPTOMS
What You Need to Know
Does it seem like your furnace isn’t working as well as it used to? It could be the result of a clogged filter.
Several problems can be caused by a dirty HVAC filter, so it’s critical to catch the issue before it creates more damage.
Here’s what you need to know about clogged furnace filter symptoms and what causes them.
How a Furnace and Its Filters Work
First, let’s take a step back and look at how a furnace works to better understand why a clogged furnace filter needs to be addressed right away.
A furnace is part of many heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems. It’s the piece of equipment that circulates the air in a home and regulates the temperature with a heat exchanger so
that it’s warmer and more comfortable inside.
The furnace has fans that push the warmed air into the ductwork so that it can be distributed throughout the structure before circulating back to the furnace to start the process all over again.
Once the set temperature is reached the furnace will switch off until it’s needed again to warm things up.
During this process of intaking, warming and circulating air, the air needs to be cleaned of dirt, allergens and pollutants. As air comes into the system through the blower compartment, it passes through the air filter so that debris is caught by the screen before circulating through the furnace and eventually the home.
Not only does trapping those particles improve your indoor air quality, but it also protects your furnace fans from debris that might damage it.
Dirty AC Filter Symptoms to Watch for With Your Furnace
You can usually tell a dirty HVAC filter needs to be changed just by looking at it. The filter will be gray or black and bits of debris will be visible. But you may notice other changes that indicate the furnace is
not operating properly.
* Article courtesy of FilterBuy.com. To be continued in our November issue.
CALIFORNIA HOUSING MARKET FORECAST
Slower economic growth and cooling inflation will bring down mortgage interest rates in 2024 and create a more favorable market environment to spur California home sales next year, according to C.A.R.’s 2024 California Housing Market Forecast, released last week.
The baseline scenario of C.A.R.’s “2024 California Housing Market Forecast” sees an increase in existing single-family home sales of 22.9 percent next year to reach 327,100 units, up from the projected 2023 sales figure of 266,200. The 2023 figure is 22.2 percent lower ompared with the pace of 342,000 homes sold in 2022.
The California median home price is forecast to rise 6.2 percent to $860,300 in 2024, following a projected 1.5 percent dip to $810,000 in 2023 from $822,300 in 2022. A persistent housing shortage and a competitive housing market will continue to put upward pressure on home prices next year.
Experience Your Smoothest Real Estate Transaction Ever . . .
. . . and Get
Peace of Mind
Honesty and Integrity
Your Own Dedicated Agent
YOUR NEW DREAM HOME
YOUR DREAM SALE AT THE MAXIMUM PRICE
And! New Lifelong Friends!
Why not call us now?
Pick up the phone right now!
And then come and see us!
Get your Visitors’ Guide and area maps. Yep! You can get an actual, physical copy you can hold in your hands!
Get all the hot tips on what to see and do in Bass Lake and the Yosemite area! Come feel the lake breeze in your hair!
See you here!
Your Bass Lake Realty Team